27 February

Man absconds after birth discovery

A middle aged man has absconded and abandoned his wife in hospital after she gave birth to a baby boy without arms.The man, Mudashiru Sheriffdeen, who resides in Bosun Street in Ifo Local government area of Ogun State was said to have disappeared on hearing his wife delivered a mystery baby and his whereabouts has not been known.The baby boy who was born at about 2 p.m




. on Monday, threw the area into frenzy as people rushed to Majotal Medical Clinic at Ilogbo area of Ado/Odo- Ota local government area of Ogun State to catch the glimpse of the child that weighed 3.25kg at birth.According to the mother of the baby, Taiwo Sheriffdeen, immediately she gave birth to the baby boy, her husband took to his heels on hearing that the baby was born without any arm.“This is my first child and I do not know why I had to give birth to this kind of a baby. Immediately my husband was informed that his baby was deformed, he had not come to see me. He is a commercial driver, and we have been married for almost two years before God decided to answer our prayer.“When I was pregnant, we took every precaution the doctor advised us to take, but I don’t not know why we came about this”, she explained.While pleading for assistance from well-meaning Nigerians, Mrs. Sheriffdeen said, “I have been warned by both my husband and our landlord not to bring the child home. Also the management of the hospital has asked us to leave, and we have nowhere to go, I don’t need this baby, I want government to come and adopt him”, she said amid tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment